- AICE courses and examinations are equivalent to first year college and university courses (See Course Equivalents for more detail).
- Students who pass seven examinations are awarded the AICE Diploma directly by the University of Cambridge. Students who do not earn the AICE Diploma are given credit for those examinations passed.
- AICE and Pre-AICE teachers at Pasco High School are trained directly by Cambridge. Each of the courses strictly follows a course syllabus that is designed by Cambridge professors.
- AICE students are eligible for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship. All AICE Academy students are required to fulfill the 100-hour community service project, which is required for the Florida Academic Scholars Award.
- The AICE program of study at PHS offers students one of the most demanding and rigorous college preparatory programs in the world. The State of Florida Universities and the Bright Futures Scholarship Program each award one extra quality point for students who successfully complete an AICE course with a “C” or better.
Study by Bill Kolb: Former director of admissions at the University of Florida: The study found that AICE program graduates attending the University of Florida had an average end-of-freshman year GPA of 3.46 whereas students coming from other acceleration mechanisms such as Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) had an average GPA of 3.12 and 3.10 respectively.
Cambridge / FSU Study: Success in the US: Are Cambridge International Assessments Good Preparation for University Study? This article outlines the success of Cambridge AICE students at Florida State University and of how they are outperforming all other acceleration mechanisms including IB and AP. Click here to read the FSU Cambridge Study
Cambridge USA Recognition: Universities are speaking out on how prepared students that come from the AICE program are when they enter college. View the video of FSU, DUKE, University of Washington, MIT, and others as they share their opinions on the AICE program: https://www.cie.org.uk/usa/videos/
University Course Equivalents – Wellington Community High School’s AICE DIPLOMA PROGRAM